Prior to July 2014, I had NEVER tried Shea Moisture Body products. I am familiar with the awesome hair products and fell in love, most recently, with the Noni & Monoi line. However, while at the New Orleans Natural Hair Expo, I stopped at the Shea Moisture pop up shop. While there, the superfruit line was launched and there was special promotional pricing on the items in the store. I believe it was 3/$25. I picked 3 items including the Superfruit masque and the body wash. (review of the masque later) I received the body lotion in a swag bag at the brunch the following day.
Well, ever since I have been home, I have been in heaven in the shower. First, let me share with you the background. The new Superfruit line is available exclusively in Ulta and SheaMoisture.com for approximately $10 each.
The main ingredients are :
- Superfruit Complex – A blend of Red Raspberry, Goji, Acai and Guava Extracts. Highly effective in promoting smooth, youthful skin.
- Mango Butter – A rich emollient that intensely moisturizes and rejuvenates for soft, supple skin.
- Green Coffee Bean Extract – Helps nourish, contour and smooth dimpled, uneven skin
(Info courtesy Shea Moisture)
- The product is insanely moisturizing. I run everyday and the salt from the sweat leave me dry and itchy. After showering with the body wash and using the lotion my skin is uber hydrated.
- The smell is FANTASTIC. I LOVE the smell. I feel like I smell intoxicating and sexy. I love to use this at night before bedtime and laying up under my husband. He always notices and mentions how good it smells.
- The price is not bad. Ulta is one of the stores that accepts coupons and always has promotions so I know I won’t go broke if I continue to purchase this line. In addition, there are other Shea Moisture Body lines available at Walgreens and CVS which I frequent alot in my couponing endeavors, so I plan to stock up.